Blue Marlin beach hotel Diani is a small boutique hotel in Galu beach, Diani, Kenya featuring individually styled rooms in local Swahili themes in a forest setting, about 40 kilometres from Mombasa island.
The hotel operates a No-Smoking policy in the rooms and the compound making it family friendly. Pets are also not allowed in the hotel rooms.
The 23 hotel rooms and suites are priced according to room type: Penthouse suite, Seaview superior room, and standard sea Front room
Blue Marlin Beach Hotel Seafood Restaurant
The restaurant on site specializes in seafood and they’re really good at it. Brace yourself for fresh fish picks as the team at Blue Marlin goes fishing every day just to make sure you have it fresh.
What We Think
- We got the standard sea front room and it was amazing. Spacious with a balcony, basic toiletries were provided and the shower was warm.
- The bed was huge fitted with a Mosquito net.
- Air conditioner was available and working properly
- Safe box was available to store our valuables
- Wi-Fi was available although quite slow
- Excellent sea food available but quite pricey
- Breakfast was enough and fresh. We loved the tropical fruit salad and fresh juices provided
- The restaurant staff was friendly and ready to serve.
- The owners of Blue Marlin Beach hotel Diani were always around the compound and ready to help.
- The staff at the restaurant were the best. Very helpful and friendly
On the Down Side..
We requested to extend check-out by an hour since I had a work conference call to attend but was denied, totally. We weren’t even given the option to pay for the extra hour.
Reason? Extending check-out time is against the hotel policy. Mmh, quite stiff rules I must say.
If you’re looking for more than just a hotel, then Blue Marlin Hotel Diani is a good choice. Nestled in the midst of a Colobus Monkeys conservancy, indulge in nature and luxury all in one hotel.
- swimming pool
- Baggage storage
- Sunbathing Lawn
- Nature walk/monkey watching
- Pets are not allowed
80401 Beach Road
South Coast, Kenya
Telephone: +254 724 100629
Have you visited the Blue Marlin Hotel Diani? What was your experience? Share with us on the comments box.