Vietnam visa application process is something close to a walk in the park in the world of visa application. For Kenyan citizens as well as many, almost all, nationalities of different countries, a visa on arrival is required to travel to Vietnam.
So let’s walk through this park together.
There are many private companies offering Vietnam visa application services. One only needs to google and choose one. Since my blog is about sharing my experience, I used Vietnam Immigration and their services were great. Their response was fast and I had my visa confirmation letter in two days.
To apply for a Vietnam visa online, here are a few steps:
- With the company of your choice, apply to request for visa on arrival. This is done by filling in an online application form and making payment online ( USD. 60). The company will send you a confirmation email to your email address provided.
- After two or three days, you’ll receive an approval letter stating your visa application has been accepted. Print this letter as you’ll need it at the airport on arrival. This letter will have names of several other people who applied for a visa at the same time with you using the same company. If you need a private letter, be sure to ask for it but it doesn’t harm to have other people in your letter.
- The company will also send you a visa application form (Form NA1) which you’ll need to fill and present to the immigration officer at the airport upon arrival. Filling this form in advance helps save the time taken at the airport. Remember almost everybody in the world requires a visa on arrival to enter Vietnam so guess there will be hundreds of people at the airport.
- Once you print your Visa approval letter and application form, attach the required documents i.e. 2 passport-sized photos (3*4 cm, 4*6 cm or 5.* cm) on a white background.
- Prepare other visa application required documents too- Return flight, hotel reservation and your purpose of visit (I don’t remember being asked for these but it’s always better to be ready just in case they ask)
Payment for Stamp on arrival
- Prepare some money for visa stamping fees as below. This can be paid in USD (most convenient) or Vietnamese Dong
|25||1 Month||Single Entry|
|50||1 – 3 Month||Multiple Entries|
|95||< 6 Months||Multiple Entries|
At the airport, there will be two queues – one for documents verification and submission and another for payment and collection of passport.
Once you submit your document, there is a waiting area where you can sit and wait for your name to be called. Keep an eye on the screen in case your name gets mispronounced. The waiting time could be anything between 1 hour and 3 hours.
If you don’t wish to wait this long at the airport, you could opt to pay extra $20 to the company making the application on your behalf for visa fast track. Fast track services are available at the four main international airport in Vietnam where you’ll get your visa in 5 to 10 minutes. You will still need to pay the visa stamping fees to the immigration officers.
That’s about it on Vietnam visa application process. It’s as easy as that.
Have you been to Vietnam? Which visa application company did you use? How was your overall experience? Share it on the comments box below.
Carolina | My Global Attitude